Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bright light and Butterflies





I went home to visit my family this weekend, and while I was walking through Prospect Park I noticed a group of butterflies flying near my sister and me. 
I was able to snap this photo before it flew away and I was surprised how well it turned out.
I love the lighting and colorization that was captured here. The bright light hitting the green leaves gives a variance of color: different greens, yellows, white, and even blue. 

The background of this photo reminds me of lighting that could be achieved by using prismatic or colorizing GOBOs. I really enjoy the mash up of different colors and I think the way the colors interact with one another give a nice texture to the photo.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice photo!

    Really nice analysis of contrast in color and intensity

    ReplyDelete