Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flowers and Shadows - Week 2




In class we've been learning about different lights and it made me think about how these lights create different sharpness to the object in front of it. I took this picture when the sun was starting to go down and I realized that I loved this kind of setting because the shadows seems so much sharper and the colors in different objects seem to pop out more. I'm might be over analyzing this, but the sunlight might resemble LEKO light. The shadows created by this dim sunlight resembled that of an actor when infront of a LEKO light.  I loved the details of shadow and light within the rose. You can see the that the darker the lighting within the flower the more denser and pigmented the colors look. You can see this within the folds of the flower the more crisps the color and the petals seem to look. I love shooting in different light setting because it exposes not only different shadows but how different light exposure expose different pigments of color. Not only that, but this picture seems to insight a nostalgic emotion within myself. I took this picture when I was visiting home a couple days ago and now looking back at this it's evident that this dim setting does help spur nostalgic memories. In short I realized that lighting is so essential to how an image is perceived by a viewer. It can change the object's shape, color and change the emotions of the person viewing the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Nice detail on your post. I agree that the shadows created have a crispness reminiscent of the shadows created by a leko, vs a fresnel or par

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete