Thursday, January 19, 2012

Week 2: The Top of the World

   I took this picture in Laguna Beach this past weekend when I decided to go on a drive down PCH. I ended up deciding to go up to The Top of the World and watch the sunset and this was the result. I chose this moment because (a) I love the sunset; (b) I love the shades of light that are effected by the suns setting; and (c) I loved the mood it created--very romantic, peaceful, serene, final almost. The aspect that grabbed my attention the most was the way in which the color of the picture changed from the furtherest point, in which the sun was a bright orange color creating a light blue sky, then slowly becoming a darker blue, with the hills at the bottom in complete black and you can merely see the outline of the trees. I loved all the color contrast and the way the clouds added to the effects of the light almost separating each shade of blue. All this combined to make it feel very peaceful and relaxing as well as romantic because of the orangeness of the sun and the softness of the sky surrounding it. It's a great place to think and a great moment to capture.

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful image - top of the world is a great place

    Very nice detailed analysis of the colors and the silhouette in the image. Also, great attention to the way it impacted you emotionally.

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete