Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2: When there is light...

I took this picture as I was walking back to my apartment on Thursday from class. Initially I was captured by the shadowed outline of an airplane ascending from the John Wayne airport against the pale yellows of the sunset, but by the time I took my phone out, it had disappeared. At first disappointed, my thoughts turned as I became awed by the dark outlines of the trees against the bright sky. It made me think about light and that if there is any sight of light, then there is technically no darkness. If darkness is a complete absence of light, then any presence of light would make it light, not dark. It seems silly but it seemed like a good metaphor for life. That no matter how dark things can get, there's always a trace of light, which means there's hope.The trees seem to be haunting the sky, but the soft glow of the sun setting on yet another day seems to laugh silently in the background saying, "Today, I shined." And that brightened my day.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice elaborate post - great introduction to foreground and background and how that can affect our emotions

    ReplyDelete