Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Outside Clare Trevor Week 2


Hey all, One of the first pictures I wanted to take was of that Pillar by the Claire Trevor at night because I always thought the effect the pillar gave off at night is pretty cool. However people were there and honestly it didn't have that same effect on me that it did some time ago. I looked to the right and the passage heading towards the Mesa Parking lot gave off a very gritty feel, so I decided to shoot a photo. The shadows that cover the plant design on the building really make jumps at you. You really feel that something could happen here. It's not necessarily scary movie status, but it does have some of that feel of something happening. Although the light pole is giving it off light, It really lends to the feel because of it's lack of power. It's a very light wash of light so there isn't any real point of focus. Even the grass in the background, all in different shades of green really lend to that gritty feel. Although you see the photo as it is, When I saw this area, it seemed even darker than I remember on this photo. I'm pretty sure I didn't use my flash but I'm not really a photographer.


Next week I'll be going to New York, so I'll definitely take a few photos there. Till next time!

Jeremy Falla

No comments:

Post a Comment