Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rainy Day Reflections - Week #2

As I was walking to rehearsal this morning I couldn't help but notice the awesome reflection in the usually boring sidewalk that runs between the Studio Art and Drama buildings. I was originally struck by the reflection of the trees at the far end of the shot, but as I stopped to take the picture my friends kept walking and I really enjoy how their reflections add to the upside-down world that the rain created.

I love the grey-on-grey look of the clouds and the sidewalk. It gives the whole thing kind of a bleak, empty look, even making the colorful umbrella look less vibrant. However the opposite can be said of the plants, which look even greener in the wet. I wonder why that is?

1 comment:

  1. Good image. We do not get to play with reflection enough in theatre and it can be very powerful.

    The green pops even more because of the contrast of colors.

    ReplyDelete