Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sunday In The Park...


    On the Sunday afternoon before the beginning of classes, I took a drive along the PCH to find a beach to walk for some sun and relaxation.  I found a place that I haven't been to yet:  Salt Creek Beach Park.  As I walked down the street that ran along the park, I was struck by the sight of the sloping, open grass area looking down to the ocean.  I loved the bright green of the grass against the serene blue water.  Along with the soft clouds, this image was very reminiscent of Georges Seurat's A Sunday on the Grande Jatte.  The grass, trees and clouds have a soft nature to them that seem to be pointalistic.  The time of day that I saw this completed the famous picture for me.  The low, afternoon sun felt relaxing with the long, lazy shadows pulling away from the people that sit facing the sun basking in its warm, amber glow.  This trip was extremely rewarding for me just for this sight.  I would definitely have to return here at the same time of day to see this great picture again.

-Dan Schreckengost

No comments:

Post a Comment