Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 2: Warmth on a Cold Night

This is a picture that I took near my home in downtown Riverside. The warm and cool tones of the picture parallel how that evening felt to me. I really like that the color emitted from the street lights gives of a very warm and inviting hue, which makes me miss my home and leaves me reminiscing about good times. On the other hand, it was a very brisk night and we were all shivering so I really like how the crisp, clean blue is so defined among all of the warm colors in this picture because it is a reminder of how bold of a chill the air had. I also like how the warm colors are more subtle and blended whereas the blue stands out with very prominent lines to say that although this is a very inviting location, the cold is always front and center (or slightly off center).

1 comment: