Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8: Creepy Tree



When I was home this weekend, I was talking to the house after I had parked the car and I saw this bare tree with the lights behind it along the way.  It caught my eye because there was this eerie feeling to the setting.  You can't see it in the picture, but behind the tree and the lights in the darkness is a lake.  So imagine the black lake with random naked, gnarly trees being illuminated by scattered lights.  For some reason, it felt like Halloween, and the cold temperature at night added to the emotion.  The way this tree was illuminated from behind with the lights, it looked like the tree was nothing but a shadow and didn't really exist.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  As I took the picture, I began thinking about the picturization project we did in class and how I could light this exact situation on stage and what it would look like.  I don't know what it is about this eerie, gnarly, naked tree and the lights, but I'm fascinated with it.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool picture! It sort of reminded me of the movie Monster House because with all of the elements combined it looks more like a being rather than just a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and great exploration of the emotions elicited from it

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete