Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8: MACBETH!

For this weeks lighting blog I really wanted to present the incredible lighting done in the Macbeth workshop on campus. I took this photo during the dress rehearsal the night before opening night. I must say though, the picture does not serve justice in capturing the perfect lighting color Ashley Casias selected for this piece. Watching her work come to live on stage really taught me so much in regards to our discussions on color and how that can really have strong emotions attached to them. The greenish light really worked for me as a viewer in that I felt as if the sense of Macbeth's desire and corruptness was becoming much more prominent as the play progressed. I felt the light reflected off the banners in the background really worked well in providing a type of canvas or backdrop. It produced a nice gradation of not so intense color on the bottom of the banners and a heavier concentration of color near the top. Overall, I felt this was an excellent choice and really helped in pushing the performance forward as well as highlighting elements of the set. 

1 comment:

  1. Great ties from the ideas behind the show and how the lighting worked with your set and the actors to create the feelings you wanted to portray to the audience

    ReplyDelete