Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week #8: Light Through a Mirror

I think what really attracted me to this picture was the contrast of colors, moods and angles that is offered between the two different locations. I also think it's interesting to see how the light of the sun differs at different locations; ahead of me was light blue sky, with soft colors and then in the mirror there was an intense focus where the light was coming from and the cloudy sky created sharp angles. It reminded me the calm before the storm, driving towards clearer skies, and leaving behind the turmoil and chaos. I loved how this was the same sky but the source of the light changed the mood and how clouds and other obstructions created sharp angles.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how creative this photo is. I like the use of the reflection from the mirror. Also, I love the intensity of light coming from a central point in the clouds. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the source of light coming in through the perspective of the side mirror. It's so backwards in seeing the source projected in front of you while it's coming from behind you. It's a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post!

    I was just talking to two students I have in an independent study lighting class about the differences between what we see when we look directly at sunset and what the light looks like on the objects it hits and this pictures brings it out wonderfully.

    Nice ties to emotion as well :)

    ReplyDelete