Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 10 - Shining Arizona







Here we are at the end! My final blog for this class. I found it fitting, since I've talked about reflections so much on here that I should end on a new kind of reflection. When I took this picture I was absolutely fascinated by the multiple reflections of my can on the surface of the table. It's kind of hard to tell in this picture, but there is one reflection that is basically just the shape of the can and it looks like it's going straight down into the table. The other reflection which I like MUCH more is the crazy pattern that seems to spread across the surface of the table. This expanded version of the word "Arizona" on the can was really cool to look at, (ask anyone I was with that day, I was flipping out). Unlike my other posts about reflection, which talked more about white light reflecting off glass or water, this particular example is color from one metal reflecting off another metal. I think this could be used in really spectacular ways if a lighting designer paired up with a set designer and we saw a set with dull metal walls or something like that, so instead using a cyc, you could project emotional colors onto this dull, semi-reflective metal which would give off a really nifty effect. I like it. I want to try it.

And Thanks Lonnie! This class has been great =) My favorite of the quarter, hands down.

1 comment:

  1. Really great post!

    You should get the show that can use the set and lighting produced :)

    Really great working with you as well this quarter!

    ReplyDelete