Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 10: After the Storm


So, as we all know, it rained this weekend. No surprise there. But as I was in the car, I looked out the window, and saw this.  Immediately I thought, I have to take a picture of this.  There are so many things I love about this picture.  First, there are still raindrops on the window, second, you see the sun peeking out of the shadows, and third, there is not only a rainbow, but two rainbows in this picture.  After this class, I learned that rainbows aren't necessarily "real".  All it is doing is breaking up white light into its actual parts, being the light spectrum from red to purple.  There is something very natural and symbolic about this picture that I love.  Though it is very cliche, it reminds me that you can't have the rainbow without the rain.  I also love how the sun is peeing through, as if to say there is a light after the darkness; you just have to wait through the storm to find it.  Wow, I'm such an intellectualizer.  But yes, I love this picture.

1 comment:

  1. Really great photo!

    Actually we cannot have a rainbow without rain/moisture and the sun - they have to work together :) - something magical about that regardless of whether or not they are "real/tangible" :)

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete