Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8: The Happiest Place on Earth

I feel slightly self centered by posting a photo of myself, but I love the lighting so here it is! I took this picture back in October when I went with my sister to Disneyland. What I love most about the photo is the heavily saturate lighting and how that affects the way the camera took the photo. The outline of each specific light bulb in an orange glow makes the viewer feel as if they are pulled into a mystical world, where things are not as they appear. The light coming in from the back gave the skeletons an austere appearance, as they are in this world yet part of another. However, the orange glow gives the photo a cheery Dia de los Muertos feel, in rejoicing in the life of the dead. If the light were red, the mood would be much darker and bloodier, which would not be so fitting in the Happiest Place on Earth.

Dana Lillie

1 comment:

  1. Great photo and observances about the difference between this setting lit for Disneyland and in other places - the Disney way :)

    ReplyDelete