Saturday, March 3, 2012

Floating Lights of the Claire! - Week 8

As I was walking home from Studio 4 the other night I couldn't help but notice the images of the streetlights reflected in the glass walls in front of the Claire. It looked like the lights were floating in midair with no supports. It was a very mystical look that I had never noticed before that night.

To apply this to class, I think the ability to successfully use reflections in a design would end in a stunning result. Many special effects or just cool area lighting could be created with well placed mirrors or pieces of glass. Unfortunately I know from experience how annoying it can be for an audience member when a light is reflected right into their eyes while they are trying to watch a show. I don't really know how to get around this issue. Perhaps using a lower intensity lamp? Anyways, if it were possible it would be super cool.

1 comment:

  1. I have done really reflective sets that allow a kind of ghostly uplight on performers - it is a very cool effect

    It also has to be controlled precisely to work

    Nice observances

    ReplyDelete