Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week 8 - February 29th

Not everyone can say they have seen Disneyland's Main Street at 6am, but I can; on February 29th, I visited Disneyland for their 24-hour Leap Day event and was able to experience the park in a much different light than usual. The sun had just risen and was hot and bright, and everything appeared washed out. Shadows were especially long. It became clear to me the main differences between sunrise and sunset: the sunrise is hotter and more intense, while sunsets tend to be warmer and less bright. The shadows in the morning are stark and defined, while evening shadows are softer. It's weird that morning light and evening light look different; in theory, the sun should be at about the same angle, just on the opposite side of the horizon. . . but they are definitely different. If I were to light morning on the stage, I would use a cool color and light from almost directly above. For sunset, I would use a warmer color and light from a side angle.

1 comment:

  1. Really great study of sunrise and sunset - nice comments!!

    ReplyDelete