Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week #10: Me and My Lil

All of my past posts have been pictures of the sun and natural lighting scenes, but I wanted to push myself on my last blog and attempt to discuss in door lighting. I chose this picture of me and my greek little sister, Stephanie, because I liked the softness of the light and the shadows it created on our faces. I also liked that the hanging light bleeds and shines a bright light throughout the background of our picture. It creates a softness and due to the intensity of the light and its source it dulls the sides of my own face while defines Stephanie's face a bit more. My face captures more of the light making me seem more orange or yellowish but due to my height it creates a cool contrast due to the shadows of myself on Stephanie's face. I think what I like the most are all the vivid colors that are brought forward through the intense, bright, concentrated light source.

1 comment: