Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blues in the Night - Week 6

This is a picture taken of an upshot of a staircase near the social sciences building. As much as I would love to say I stumbled upon this beauty on  my own, it was my brother who found this while walking around campus taking random pictures with his friend.

The blue comes from the neon lights along the walls to light up the stair case at night. I think that the lights give a rather mysterious futuristic look and the way the color contrasts with the old brown staircase reminds me of an almost steam punk like retro-future setting. While the people who designed the building probably did not intend to make it look like this, I think they achieved a rather fascinating effect when looking up through a random angle. I wonder why they chose a bright neon blue light for a staircase, especially one further back away from ring road, that only glows at night when most people aren't around to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Great image and I really see the steam punk influence

    Nice accidental style :)

    ReplyDelete