Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 4- Fiery Sunsets

I normally get up at around 7 a.m. for a run on the beach, as I live in Newport. One day this week, however, I chose to wait until the afternoon/evening when I was done with my classes for the day. At around 5:20 on my way back I realized that I could not stop looking off to my left to see the blazing fire lighting up the sky. The sun was so orange and the sky around it was brushed with golds, ambers, pinks and so many other colors that it looked as though I was gazing into a fire. In contrast to the blackening ocean, it set off a hellish tone, yet intriguing all at the same time. It was a sensual array of hues and shades.  Had I run in the morning I may have missed the chance to actually step out onto the sand and capture the deep contrast of sky and water, who's view is normally calming and serene. Now I have a photo that represents the other side of nature.

1 comment:

  1. Great contrast of sunset to sunrise and really nice ties from color and angle to emotional states

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete