Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Week #4: Where I live

   I took this picture at the end of my street, it is in Newport Beach on 28th street. I think what spoke to me the most was the wide wash of light that the sun gave off--such an intense yellow with oranges around the silhouette of Catalina Island. It got me thinking of the kelvin temperatures and the color we're seeing but the actual temperature is cool though we associate it with being hot or warmer. Though this may seem like my last picture I thought that it had a different mood or feeling because of the angle of the picture. Where the previous one was high and angular it seemed final, almost an ending. While this one is head on and is a wide wash of color and light. I find it more romantic and serene instead of epic and overwhelming. The light colors of the sky from the reflection of the sunset are beautifully contrasted with the black sand and black silhouette of the lifeguard tour. Also the beauty comes from the layering of the colors, from the light lavender, the bright intense yellow, and deep black.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture. I also like how you talked about how we perceive things to be hot or warm even though the temperature is cool. The colors also definitely gives off a serene/romantic look. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and nice analysis of color and connections to emotion

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete