Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week 4 - Light and Trees



The other day, I was walking around Campus Village and I spotted this beautiful tree with white flowers. I loved the fact that the sun was illuminating the white flowers making them more whiter than they actually appear. Not only does the light illuminate the flowers but it makes the shows different shades of green from the individual leaves. This reminded me of the terms we learned in class like brightness and the idea that the only reason why we see color is because of the lights that reflect off from the actual object. In other words without light the actual white flowers are black! And with brightness, I feel it was definitely because of the light's certain transmission, which was probably really high since the sun was out, that caused the illuminated look. Also the brightness of the light also gave this picture a cheerful, light mood. I also thought that that the flowers and leaves in this pictures sort of acted like a gel. The sun pierced through these "gels" to give off different colors based on the brightness of the light. Overall I really enjoy this assignment because it brings awareness of how crucial light is and its ability to creates different moods, colors, and so much more.

1 comment:

  1. Really great ties ties to color theory - great way to internalize it!

    Nice image and analysis

    ReplyDelete