Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 4 my safe haven at sunset


I love going home. I also love taking pictures while being home. This picture was taken in my home town Yucaipa, California at sunset. I chose this photo because I really enjoy everything about it especially the glow behind the hillside. A lot of times when the sun is setting we see a lot of pink, purple, and orange light, but what I really enjoyed about this photo was the purity of the hue.
It's interesting though, because even though the sun is giving off what looks to be a white light in the sky, it is also showing an orange glow on the ground. Also, it was a fairly cold winter day when I took this photo, which you can see by the lack of leaves on the tree, but the lighting makes this place look warm and alluring. The tree adds dimension and texture as well as interesting shadows that help set a romantic tone.
It feels like the perfect spot to have a picnic in the spring.


2 comments:

  1. Yes.That place is very nice and realy must be good to have a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice image!

    Nice analysis of the image and its impact on you.

    The shadows are amazing!

    ReplyDelete