Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 4: Contrast

My boyfriend and I had our anniversary and decided to go to Huntington Beach to explore. When we got out to the ocean, one of the pictures that came out was this one. I liked this one because I find very often that with how much the ocean reflect the sunlight a lot of pictures have a lot of brightness in them and become washed out. This picture has a little bit of the same quality, but it has a lot of contrast in it as well. With so much light shining behind my boyfriend he became extreme dark in the picture like a shadow. The brightness of the sun on such a reflective surface made the background really bright, and created shadows which reminded me of how this similar lighting technique is used on stage.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image - a great example of silhouette and foreground and background

    ReplyDelete