Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 6:: A Love As Bright as the Sun


This weekend I was exploring a thrift/antique shop and in the backard of this quirky little house that had been turned into a secondhand shop, there was this beautiful wooden distressed fence and about every 5 feet or so, there was a heart cutout in the planks and the only word I could think of was darling.  The backyard was a mess, with old ladders, chairs, and doors strewn across the weed-infested yard and hidden behind it all was this little piece of beauty that stuck out in its own special way. Because the sun was starting to set in the background, I was being blinded by the bright rays that were sliding past the fence as I studied the curious wooden slats in front of me, I was struck by the image that love is brighter than the sun. Okay, not literally, but in my opinion, nothing shines brighter than the actions, words, and  sentiments that are motivated by love, express love, and embody love. I loved that the photo captured the sun rays slowly disappearing in the sky while the heart cut into the fence remained visible. It showed that even though the sun was going down, the "love" remained. And while the sun will fall asleep for the next 12 hours, that heart will remain carved into that fence, and that's how love should be. Etched, unfading, and constant. 

1 comment:

  1. You should turn this into a short story

    Great set, lighting and narrative!

    ReplyDelete