Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 6: North 110 Pasadena Freeway


While going about the freeways of Los Angeles, I managed to take a picture of these tunnels. I though this had a unique perspective of light and dark as you can see the tunnels continuing further down the road. This reminded me of our discussion regarding source of light and how that can also draw our eyes to a specific object or person. The source of light coming from the sunlight is brightest on the tunnel entrances. My eyes immediately go to the brightest spot of the tunnel in the photo. The extremes of light and darkness also assist in guiding our eyes to view the overall composition of the photo. Although I did not plan how to take this photo I'm glad I was able to capture the upcoming tunnels in the distance which also continue this pattern of light and dark.

1 comment:

  1. Nice image and talk of selective visibility and focus

    Also, how we are drawn to the brightest spots

    ReplyDelete