Sunday, February 5, 2012

End to a Great Day

This weekend, I took a stroll along the beach around 5 in the afternoon and happened upon the image of the sun setting out past a jedi near 52nd street. This picture doesn't do the sight justice, but I fell in love with all of the colors as they spewed across the skyline. Here you can see a glimpse of what I got to see as the blue fades into a golden yellow along the horizon and then back to a darker blue. What I was hoping to capture was how the glints of purple and orange jetted out from the sun across the clouds, but you can see a bit of the purple reflecting off of the camera lens near the sun. I felt so comfortable watching the sunset here because of the warmth being emitted along with the cool blue hues that are so familiar and relaxing as they grow darker with the emerging moon.

1 comment:

  1. Good notice of kelvin temperature and nice ties to emotion!

    Remember to include week number in the subject line

    ReplyDelete