Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 6 - River Walks

Upon my visit home to Northern California for the weekend, I went on a river walk. I tend to do this when I am home because there are so many things to see - wildlife, people, river movements and of course the lighting. I went at around 4 in the afternoon. I love how even in winter, the light casted a beautiful warm glow on the water and made the whole scene look like a special place in the woods just for me to enjoy. The ambers of the trees and deep slates of the water contrast nicely with one another. I think the lighting creates a somber tone, however, and makes me feel a bit lonely when I look at it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice image and ties to emotion

    Light on the banks of smaller rivers with all of the vegetation and water can create so much depth in light

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you lived in such a beautiful place! Now, I realize why you are always so eager to go back.

    ReplyDelete