Sunday, February 26, 2012

Week Six: One Night of Queen!!

This past week I got the opportunity to see an amazing performance at the Riverside Fox Theatre. Not only was the show fantastic, but the lighting was pretty phenominal as well. From earlier in the week when we got to see the "rock show" lighting sample, I was inspired and upon going to see Queen, I found myself analyzing the lighting structure from song to song. This particular song was a solo instrumental piece by the guitarist. From the lighting, it may seem evident that he was alone on stage playing somewhat of a more mellow song and that was exactly what he was playing. I also noticed that the designer was using gobos in the purple light to create the spirals on stage and the fact that I was using the light to enhance the concert made me realize why lighting designers do what they do. They really know how to liven a performance!

1 comment:

  1. Very sorry I missed this one

    Great image and nice analysis

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete