Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 6: A Light at the End of the Tunnel

 This is the hallway outside of my apartment. It looks pretty gross, but something that I have always like about it is how hopeful it looks. My Dad always told me the phrase "There's always a light at the end of the tunnel" while I was growing up, and this hallway is the perfect representation of that. The light inside the tunnel is dimly lit by fluorescent lights, making the color of the hallway and your skin slightly unnatural. Compare that to the strong light from the sun outside with natural hues, it creates a stark contrast shown where the hallway ends. To me, it shows that man can try to make a cheap imitation of light and what we use every day to see, but it is dismal in comparison to natural light. However, maybe there is a hope that one day we can get theatrical lighting to look this good.

Dana Lillie

1 comment:

  1. Nice analysis - great example of color temperature as well and how we are drawn to the higher kelvin temperature in sunlight

    ReplyDelete