Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 4: Hallway Peekaboo

I love that I found this in my own home. What I love even more is how this light reminded me of sunlight through a window with wooden slats, but this was coming from my bathroom doorway! I literally explored this phenomenon for a solid fifteen minutes, trying to see exactly what was causing the shadows and how the light source in my bathroom was bouncing off of the walls, the doorway, and the mirrors inside. As I was exploring, this reminded me a lot of some gobo templates I'd seen before. I love the perspective and how the light diffused as the beams extended. I was perceiving this as white light although it had some yellow hue to it. I really liked how a large light effect like this could happen through such a narrow space.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice image and effect!

    Nice analysis of the color and texture in the image

    Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great shot! Reminds me of some horror film or drama. I also like how you can see natural light coming through in the next room. It almost makes a nice contrast to the light effect your room is making.

    ReplyDelete