Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week 6- Source of Light


This photo was taken in the living room of my apartment. I thought it was really fitting because we have been talking a lot in class about the source of light. The source of light in this picture is very well defined as the sun from outside. There are also very defined beams of light on the floor, wall, TV, and guitar.  The difference in shape and quality of light on these beams differs depending on the reflectivity and shape of the surface it is hitting. For example, the TV and guitar give off a harsher, glare or reflection of the light while the carpet shows a more soft and inviting feel to the light. This reminds me of the importance of knowing what kind of surface or fabrics I am lighting in order to create the right look.

Overall, the sunlight seeping in through my window gave a warm and inviting feeling to my living room. As a result, I spent the whole morning in my living room.

-Ashley Henley

No comments:

Post a Comment