Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week 4: Morning Light


I love being up in the morning. It gives me a sense of accomplishment, like "hey, at least I did something today." Moreover, I'm simply not able to sleep in past 8. Sometimes this can be rather annoying, but most days it leads me to situations like the image above displays. My whole apartment will be void of noise and light except for the beauty of the morning pouring in from the windows. It may seem somber, but the contrast of bright outside and darkness inside is actually a sort of release. Like, everything's going to be okay today- I just have to let the light in. I love sitting in my bright green arm chair, staring out the window at the occasional jogger and car, or closing my eyes and simply letting the sounds of industrialized city pass through my ears or find comfort in absorbing the light on my skin. The morning is definitely the most relaxing part of the day for me and I think the greatest contributor of this relaxation is the lighting (or more accurately, lack of) inside my apartment.

1 comment:

  1. Nice analysis of the event in your life and the connection to light

    ReplyDelete