Thursday, February 2, 2012

Week 4: Book Lights

I had heard really great things about the Newport Beach library but had never gotten a chance to go. When I got out of the elevator and turned to my right and saw the enormous glass windows with a straight shot view of the ocean, I knew why everyone raved about it. Heading around the corner, I came into this room and stopped dead in my tracks. The way they had set the lights above the shelves to highlight the display of books was so amazing to me. It was as if they were illuminating the knowledge an even more extreme level that silently called out, "read me!" On top of the installed lighting was the incredible skylights in the ceiling that allowed a soft blue glow of natural light to fill the room as well. It create a warm, welcoming, sit and stay awhile feeling. Let's just say that I did! 

2 comments:

  1. Nice unexpected place for good lighting - it is amazing what light can do to help these types of environments and how seldom it is done

    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it..
    Lamps

    ReplyDelete